Thanks everyone for you encouragement. It's like having all of you holding my hand and it's very comforting.

David, yes, there are lymph nodes involved but I don't know how many. The RO said the chemo will be in weeks 1, 4 and 7 of treatment. I don't know if that is the "three big bags" or not, but will make sure to ask when we see the MO. I have written down the thyroid question in my notebook so I will remember to ask when we see the RO before treatment commences.

I am getting my husband to eat lots. The fluoride trays are made ; now we will probably pick them up early so that he can start using them as David suggested.

Thanks for the very practical suggestions. I will take them all to heart.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.