Gloria,

Yes they are recommending what we call the "three big bag method". Considering he tested + for HPV meaning his cancer responds better to conventional Tx and many are considering studies with HPV+ SCC patients where the goal is to reduce adverse side effects by lessening the components of conventional Tx and considering that patients seem to experience less adverse side effects with the weekly bag method vs the 3 big bag method of Cisplatin and considering that there is no study indicating different results acheived using either method I would push for the weekly bags but of course discuss this with his MO.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.