Oh Donna � The beautiful words you spoke to your Mom before she passed on, so moved me, were so filled with love � it breaks my heart to think that you could for even a second feel guilty about saying them. Yes, they were spoken with love but more than that it took tremendous courage and the kind of love it takes to unselfishly let someone go rather than hold on for your own comfort and need to be with her just a little longer. I hope that when my own time comes to move to the next level in my relationship with God, that my children will have the same strength and courage that you have shown. As a Mom I�ve always worried from the earliest of moments when I had to be away from my children, whether they would be ok without me, even when it was for just a very short time. I am so sure your Mom felt that way about you, too � and wondered if you would be ok without her physical presence. I�m sure it comforted her to hear you say that it was ok for her to leave. And now � although she is not physically close to you, she is still with you in spirit and it must hurt to see you in such pain. There will always certain times when the tears will come and that�s ok. Tears can be very cleansing and it does help to have a little compassion for yourself when remembering a loss. But it helps too, to be able to think about all the good things that you shared together. I hope, in time � whenever you are ready � that the sadness you feel will soften a little and that you will know that your Mom is close by and you will feel her love and comforting embrace.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)