Hi Shannon! Welcome to OCF! Im so sorry you are here but you have found the best source for info and support. There is alot of very useful info on the main pages of OCF as well as here on the forum.

While waiting for your treatment to begin, get a complete blood test including thyroid. Have a good hearing test and dental exam, including a mold made of your teeth. You may need flouride trays made. Try to eat everything you love and dont worry about calories. Most of us lose alot of weight while going thru treatments due to different side effects from procedures. If you are thin try to add a few pounds before any treatment.

I know its a scary time for you. Start to network and everyone who offers to help you write down their name and number. Tell them you will let them know when the time comes how they can help. Dont turn anyone away who offers. Sometimes a serious illness brings out the best in people and in others they will surprise you when they shy away. With having 4 children Im sure there is something friends and relatives can do to give you a hand.

Best wishes with all your upcoming tests.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma