Nate,

Read what you wrote above and realize you just had a Braveheart moment...you share that spirit. Charm's coined it on these forums as the "warrior spirit", which is very fitting and he certainly defines it.

When I think about that movie and the traits that defined William Wallace, defiant, courageous and unyielding come to mind. He would not bow to a tyrant, he did not fear death and he would not yield no matter what he faced.

If you remember the only time as an adult that he showed fear was before he was to be tortured and executed and it wasn't fear of death. He was afraid that he was not going to be strong enough to push past the pain to keep from asking for mercy. Bravery isn't the absence of fear but doing what has to be done in the presence of it.

What I see when I read your last post Nate is that you are there, especially when you say you'd rather die fighting then let the cancer kill you. You gave me chills and inspired me this morning brotha.

Rest up and do this thing.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.