thanks for all your suggestions....have not contacted OCF for a number of weeks now but was so touched by your concern with regard to my sister...I have tried to get her to join the forum in her own right but she makes excuses that she cannot do it at the moment,,but never say never.

We really said everything that should be said at her last check up and she was referred to a psychologist...they took on board the amount of time she spent rinsing and spitting was not right..

I must admit that everything you folks have suggested she has done. Today she was admitted to hospital for attempted dialation. After coming out of theatre the consultant told her that they were unable to do anything at all because of the vast amount of scar tissue caused by her treatment and would therefore be peg dependent for the rest of her life. I feel now she may have resigned herself to this and with the help of her higher power will be able to move forward...
Thanks once again...Oh by the way Cecilia she received her radiation and chemo at the New Oncology hospital at St. James'
Hospital, Leeds and follow up treatment at York. She still rinses and spits constantly but we hope her psychology visits will be able to deal with this. We can only see what tomorrow brings when she has had time to deal with today....and I do hope that she will get in touch as I know she would get so much and also could contribute so much to your wonderful forum.

Love to all
Kathiex

sister diagnosed June 2010 back of tongue 30 intensive RT and 2 chemo (will confirm what stage later) finished treatment Sept 2010. Peg dependent unable to swallow. 6 teeth removed prior to treatment. HPV?