Will,
To me the first 10 days afterwards were the worst of everything, although the last few days of the last week were not overly great.
Actually the end of the 1st week post TX was the very worst for me.
I thought my husband would have to take me to a hospital one night, so for the first time I took something prescription for pain, then I slept. Otherwise I had Extra Strength Tylenol. I took it one day at a time. I had not had much problems with sores until the post treatment time. My skin got red in the 5th week, and worse by the end of the sixth week, then continued the same for two or three weeks, then it started to heal.

Undoubtably you will have your own version of recovery when yours is done. The important thing is you are nearly through with TX, and have done well. Keep on top of your mouth--soda rinse, Manuka honey if you've tried that. That's key to me to keep away from the pain medicine. But don't beat yourself up over having to resort to something.
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021