You have done amazingly well with your treatments! Congrats on your final one being tomorrow!!!!

I went thru several very low points when I went thru chemo/rads. I was hospitalized a few times for malnutrition/dehydration and that was with using a feeding tube. I felt horrible and was so weak I could barely walk. One of my worst days was when I was too weak to walk and my son had to push me in a wheel chair. I was so ill that we went to the MO without an appointment. She took one look at me and I was admitted to the hospital and stayed there for about 10 days.

Radiation will keep on working even after you finish your treatments. Thats why you will unfortunately feel lousy for the next couple weeks. Most of us started to begin to feel a little better after 2 - 3 weeks post rads. It takes a month of healing for every week you have had radiation. Be patient, you are almost at the finish line! Very soon you will begin to feel better. It will be 2 steps forward and 1 step back for the next few weeks.

Remember everyone is different!!!! My experiences are very different than what you have experienced. Jim had a radiation seed implants which is different than what you went thru. So you see, 3 people and 3 completely different experiences.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma