Thank you for joining our discussions. I believe that you are the first chewing tobacco person to post here. Just a word of encouragement.......I spent much of my adult life in the dental implant industry. The techniques for bone grafting and the subsequent placement of titanium implants are highly successful. Most of the implant manufacturers in the US marketplace show success rates for their products in the 97% range. Of course the success is dependent to some degree on the skills of the surgeon, and the quality of the bone that the implants are being placed in. I would be glad to answer any questions you have about this portion of your experience, I have lectured on implants at universities around the world. I would be interested in hearing more about how and why you started using tobacco this way, and hearing about your progress as you go through the reconstructive process. Please e-mail me directly if you like, or post your response on the board, I check it daily. You are one of the lucky ones. Catching things at a stage 1 is the best of all possible scenarios...... separate from not getting this in the first place. You should really thank your dentist, I have heard too many stories about those that missed the cancer or treated the suspect tissue with watchful neglect until it was a major problem. If you think of it, have him contact me, I'd like to talk with him.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.