Hi Emily. This is all so soon and fresh. My mom will be gone 3 years next month and sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. She died from pancreatic cancer and unfortunately the last 2 weeks of her life were horrific. I would have nightmares daily of those last two weeks of her life dying at home. In time the good memories overtook those awful last two weeks. Her life was so much more than the way she died and I tried to remember that. Getting back to work helped to keep my mind occupied and that helped. Grief is something you have to go through and it is painful. I used to call my mom first thing in the morning when I got into work and found myself those first few weeks actually picking up the phone to call her and then catching myself. I used to call her house when I knew my dad was out of the house just to hear her voice on the answering machine. It is a very painful and tough thing to get through.

I do believe that we will eventually see our loved ones again. I wish there was something I could say or do to make things a little easier for you. Be thankful that you had such a close bond with your mom. You will eventually feel her presence with you and you will dream about her. Like I said, it's all so fresh. You are carrying a part of your mom with you always. I feel so honored that I am my mom's daughter and I know you feel the same way about your mom. Be patient and take care of yourself and your baby-to-be. Your mom will be with you always. Sending you a HUGE hug, Wanda

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2