Palmtree,

I agree with everyone here that you ought to continue with your wedding plans.

My husband and I are in a similar situation in that we have 2 family weddings (April and September) to attend this year. The concern for my hubby is that having just had his jaw reconstruction in November, he is not sure he will be able to go to these events. The recovery is slow, he has severe pain when he eats, still uses the PEG, and the skin graft is not healing. This jaw recon is probably at least a 2 stage project. We were hoping that the next surgery will be next November but it will likely be scheduled within the next few weeks. His issues need attention now.

We have had the highest expectations with his jaw recon, but there are variables and many of them are unpredictable. So, we do what we can, and live our lives as best as we can. We hope to get to the all the family events but we may miss some. I would never expect my niece or nephew to cancel their special days because we might not be there. I would consider going to the weddings alone. Life goes on and Clark doesn't want me to miss the family gatherings either.

Best wishes as you plan your beautiful wedding.

Anita

Anita (68)
CG to husband, Clark, 79,
DX SCC 11/07, T4N0Mx, PEG 1/08, RAD, post rad infection 3/08,
HBOT 40 dives, ORN, Surg 11/09 mandibulectomy w/fibular graft.
Plastic Surg 4/10, 12/10, 3/11, 10/11, 4/12, 10/12. All PETS clear,
PEG out 1/11. 6/11 non union jaw fracture
Fractured jaw w/surgery 7/14
Aspiration pneumonia 7/21, 10/22
PEG 7/21
Botox injections