I hope that you have gotten some additional information today. I would like to add to what Brian has said already.

Removal of lower wisdom teeth can be very difficult in many cases. Extraction, if needed, would surely be best done by an oral surgeon. However, with the information that you have given us up till this point, you are getting ahead of yourself.

Although endodontic treatment on wisdom teeth is usually not done, for many reasons, in the case of a radiated jaw, I would think it should be attempted, as opposed to having the extraction. Not seeing the x-ray, of course, I couldn't say whether it would even be possible to attempt it.

If extraction becomes necessary, then HBO treatments my very well be needed.

Just to add to what Brian has said about the use of a vasoconstrictor, it is almost never needed in the lower jaw as local anesthetics without epinephrine last on average of 3 hours.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"