Last monthly ENT appt was on 8/31 with neg findings! ENT emphasized how important it is to get through that first year, as majority of recurrences occur during the first year.

Had some peace of mind until husband's routine dental appt in Sept. which showed suspicious apical pathology #17 (wisdom tooth). I will have the actual report by tomorrow. Endodontic evaluation is being recommended. I have left messages with RO and ENT before proceeding.

Questions: Do we need a dentist at a CCC for evaluation and/or root canal work, if that's the recommendation? Nurse at RO said most post-rad H&N patient do NOT go to cancer center for routine work. My understanding is that an extraction would be a different issue.

My husband thinks I might be making this too complicated and my anxiety level is very high once again. Any advice? Lottie

CG to husband, dx @ age 65, nonsmoker/social drinker. Dx 5/08 SCC Stage IV, BOT T1N2aM0. 33 IMRT - completed 9/12/08. Induction Chemo (Cisplatin, Taxotere & 5FU), plus concurrent Cisplatin.
1/09 PEG removed; 5/09 neg PET/CT; 5/10 PET/CT NED
Dental extraction & HBOT 2013; ORN 2014; Debridement/Tissue Transfer & HBOT 2016