Reminded Rod yesterday I was going back to work next week. He begged me to take another week off. I have just been off for 4 weeks, have used all sick leave & only have 5 days annual leave up my sleeve. Talk about a catch 22....the nurse yesterday said I need to go back for ME, even if only gradual & that Rod needed to become a little more independant. She told him with his meds decreasing, he needed to work his 'ass' off in the eating department which would contribute with his treatment recovery. She asked him why he wanted me home another week, he said he didn't know. After she had gone he said he felt like she had put him on the spot. I asked him why he so badly needed me to stay home next week, he said he just wanted me here. Work have agreed to me working from 9am to 1pm next week, then back to full time after that but boy, I felt a little emotionally blackmailed by Rod, not quite a win win for me, but is this dependancy natural? I'm guessing it is.....we need to now get some 'normal' back....

J

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.