Thanks guys for your support, I posted this last night, and with no responses within an hour I thought ooooh, they must all think I'm a cow!! I've felt between a rock & a hard place, and think he is angry with me for going back at all [don't think work is happy about it all but they've accepted it]. My folks were here yesterday and commented on how good he looks and that he seemed very much better than 2 weeks ago. David you have a good point, and he IS capable of making eggs, soup etc, but my fear is he won't. He is in so much of a hurry to go back to work himself, I said this morning that it won't happen unless he eats. I commented to the nurse that I think he thinks he is invincible, she agreed with me to let him 'go for it & learn the hard way', I just have to be prepared for any of his whims that fail to come back on me...I'm sure they will!! Yep, tough love. Hope it works - the thought is hard though as I'm not in his shoes, but nor is he in mine.....At least I can log on to my work emails & clean out my inbox from home!

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.