Amy, Thanks for the support but I was just hoping that I could hear from some different people regarding thier problems with losing the voice. My situation has gotten pretty grave. The finantial (spelling doesn't look right) front is killing me and I am looking for work but I can't do phone interviews or move forward if I can't talk.I really don't need help finding work, I need help talking to the people at the different places. I am tough but this is killing me. I can't keep racking up the doctor bills. I think I may have to apply for some kind of disability status. This is not my way. My doctor talked with me today and she is willing to do anything to help, but I can't help her help me. She's suggesting voice therapy but I told her to wait. I read one reply from someone saying it was common to lose the voice foor one week after tx. If this is true, I'm screwed.I has been 7 weeks. I will explain what happens to me again. I open my mouth to talk and nothing comes out then I force it and this froggy sound (like a vibrator for the voice box) comes out, with very little sound. Then people wince in pain and tell me not ot talk. Then I want to punch them in the face many times. You see I hate it when people shush me! It angers me to the point of insanity. If it hurt me, I'll deal with it, I don't need anyone to tell me not to talk. I you don't like it, leave. Then I had a friend tell me to get away from him he didn't want to catch my germs. This is ignorance I realize but it doesn't make it any easier. So you see my position. I am angry and disappointed and frustrated with my situation. I feel like like I will snap unless I talk to someone that knows something about vocal chord cancer and what I can expect, if this is it. Thanks

45yrs young SCC - TVC - 28 rad trx- future? finished on nov 28,2006