Chicken soup easy to make: Throw a whole small chicken in a pot, add big chunks of celery and onion and water to barely cover. Cook it to death until chicken falls off the bone and strain the whole mess through a big sieve (the thing with holes in it). Throw out the bones and anything yucky looking (skin,etc.) put the nice pieces of chicken back in the broth. Put the big chunks of celery and onion through food chopper or blender and back into the broth. I blend a can of stewed tomatoes and add that to the broth mixture but don't do it if you cannot tolerate tomatoes. Add fat noodles and cook until tender. At this point, I taste it and if it does not taste "chickeny" enough I add some chicken bouillon granules. Options to add: peas, carrots, 1/2 of blended, peeled cucumber (gives a nice outsoorsey taste). Variation to noodles is rice if you are not worried about the rice getting lost in your mouth like my son is.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)