Hi guys,
I have no idea whether this will work for any of you, but it is 'worth a shot'. I never had a peg and it's been a long time, but I had to cut everything into tiny pieces and make certain that the food had lots of moisture. I also ate it with lots of water and fortified milk(tbsp carnation Instant Breakfast in milk) for extra protein and calories.

When I had swallowing problems with things 'getting stuck in throat', I found that if I went to sink and cleared the blockage, that I could come back and eat the rest of the meal. It's like my swallowing mechanism had now figured out what it was supposed to do and now worked. Still works.

Nelie, I have no idea if this will work for you, but please give it a try. I find this still works for me. Read while you eat. It may help. Also, I'm not certain you are trying to eat the right foods. Mashed pots were a nono for me for years.
I would have thought scrambled eggs would be good, but try them gain after blockage. According to my sister, a PT,OT, speach person, liquids are harder to get down than soft foods. When my Dad my sick she mixed his mashed pots into his soup to make it easier to swallow. There is also something called 'thick it' that makes liquids easier to swallow. I think this is available at the drugstore.

Don't give up. Keep us posted. I'm rooting for you.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I