Michael,
Please be careful about what you eat. I also craved real food and still want to eat it so badly. I craved it so much that I didn't care how much it hurt for me to eat it then to have it scrape my throat and make it so sore that I didn't want to eat and would have to rely on the PEG.

That is why I am taking it a lot slower now because I wanted so badly to get the PEG removed. Not that having the peg was a bad thing it was a life saver but I had it for 7 months and I felt that I really needed to take a step. If things were not improving I would not have taken it out but I do see a difference when I look back.

Food still gets stuck in my throat while eating but not as much. Now it is only small pieces that once in a while that get stuck and come back up later when I cough.

just take your time, be patient, and keep posting. We all like to keep up with how everyone is doing and it sounds like you are getting better.

Take care and both you and Seth are in my prayers.
Love
Terry

Terry | 42 female| base of tongue w/swollen lymph nodes | Dx'd-Feb 05 | Stage IVA T2N2M0 | radiation/chemo 8 weeks finished 3rd week May/05 | bilateral neck dissection 9/2/05 45 nodes all neg.