This is very interesting dialogue.

I am 2 weeks out from radiation, and can't eat or swallow any food or drink.

Not really from pain, but from the wierd textures and tastes.

I know that sounds whimpy, and I guess if I didn't have the PEG to fall back on, I might force myself more.

Today, I tried some pretty bland scrambled eggs and could only take one small tasteless bite. These used to be one of my favorite breakfasts. frown

In fact, everything I loved is all I dream about.

I tried some icecream shake yesterday, and again, only one tiny sip and couldn't do anymore.

I can't explain it.

Normally, (3 months ago) I could eat almost an entire pizza by myself. Today, although I crave pizza, and everything I love (in-fact I dream about food all night long!!!), but I can't even eat more than one bite.

It's like a cruel joke.

Now, some questions for you Nellie.

Are you still (or were you ever) using the salt/soda rinse...?

Is the food related pain temperature sensative? I know the cold seems to help...Does warm? (Like tea, etc.?)

I had pretty good pain too like you describe after my surgery, and the only thing that helped was those do it yourself teeth guards at the drugstore.

I followed the instructions to mold it to my mouth, wore it a few hours and got instant relief. It might be worth a shot, since you may have a sharp tooth or other irritation rubbing the sore spot and keeping it from ever healing.

I went through the Oxycondone withdrawl too about 2 weeks ago...Same symptoms you had.

Good luck and please keep us all posted on your progress!!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.