well, I made the cream of onion and garlic soup and making ti was fun--it's really thr first cooking I've done since I stopped eating and just interacting with real food is nice.

BUT I had problems eating it! Even though the onion and garlic are pureed there are small bits in the soup and they stick everywhere--especially the roof of my mouth and make swallowing hard--and the only way to clean my mouth after seems to be to stick my finger up there and swab it around--the roof of my mouth is so completely dry otherwise and using my tingue doesn't work--I can't feel where it's going enough.

I think I probably need to get a swallowing evaluation. Sigh. Yesterday was the dry run for my breast rad and today is the official first day, I was hoping this eating stuff would be improving by now and help cheer me up as I face another 6.5 weeks of rad to another body part (but this one will be SOOO much easier--a walk in the park comapred to the other I think).....

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"