Many of my friends down under have raved about these products and I've heard successes as it rolled out to other countries. I met a person from a discussion on the old Biotene products before they were sold to GSK and the real power behind the brand, the patented enzymes, were removed. She insisted I try this and I had to cycle through the box of dry mouth products I am already evaluating.

I finally got to the products and day 1 was miraculous! It balanced my oral flora within minutes and removed the horrible lactose taste I have been battling since the feeding tube in March. I started last week and picked a day I knew I had appointments and would be out and about for several hours. I used the toothpaste, waited 20 minutes to get the maximum benefit of the fluoride, then followed with the mouthwash and about 30 minutes later, I added the gel on the way out to my first appointment.

I didn't really pay attention and 5 hours were gone before I knew it and I hadn't even taken 1 sip of water to flush out the usual crud buildup in the pyriform sinus area that causes all of the choking. This is a first since around September 2003, after week 3 of radiation treatment.

My curiosity kicked in and I have tried every possible combination to see if maybe all 3 products are overkill and I could not get close without all 3. I'm not sure of the cost or how long each individual product will last so I'm not sure of the economics as health insurance refuses to cover medically needed tooth anything as far as prescriptions and I don't know if one will be needed.

This product is the first thing I have seen that gets this close to the old Biotene products and that's pretty exciting! The gel doesn't last all night like the Biotene gel, maybe close to half as long but I think it will also be an excellent product for CPAP users. That is a segment of post radiated oral cancer survivors that suffer beyond belief trying to sleep because of xeristomia.

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021