Greetings to everyone -- I registered for this forum tonight because I spotted this thread on Biotene and Biotene alternatives in a Google search and wanted to keep up with it.

I belong to a large online community of sleep apnea patients who use various positive airway pressure (PAP) devices (all commonly referred to as "cpap"). Many of us deal with significant dry mouth issues due to the drying effects of PAP therapy, especially for those who are on very high pressure settings and those who have a tendency to mouth breathe while using PAP. We had a thread going a while back about the discontinuation of the original Biotene.

I just finished up the last tube of the original Biotene formula that I had stashed so I'd like to keep up with what you all are finding. So far I've found the Rite Aid mouth rinse retains the enzymes in their formula. I'll be happy to share anything I find out with all of you as well. Thanks for all your contributions so far.

Kudos to your community for taking a stand and discontinuing your endorsement of the Biotene line. We all feel the burn of the new formula in our mouths, maybe GSK will feel the burn in their wallets?

Best wishes to all -- kaiasgram

Last edited by kaiasgram; 03-20-2014 01:52 AM.