In addition to the toothpaste, it would be great if they could make an oral gel to replace Biotene's OralBalance.

With regard to the PBF productc, I just purchased these in the last couple of weeks. They contain Lysozyme, Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, and Glucose Oxidase. So I guess the new ones have not hit my suppliers yet. But I'll pay attention to future purchases and see if the enzymes disappear.

My understanding now (based on reading other parts the OCF site) is Lysozyme splits the cell wall of pathogenic bacteria, Lactoferrin inhibits pathogenic bacteria by depriving them of iron, and Lactoperoxidase plus Glucose Oxidase create an antibacterial agent. It's ashamed that someone can patent this. These chemicals occur naturally in saliva. It's sort of like patenting blood.

Last edited by Andrew111; 01-26-2014 08:52 PM.

Squamous cell carcinoma base of tongue. Lymph involvement unclear; staging placed at "2 or 3." Biopsy 4/18/2008. Treatment: IMRT every day for 7 weeks. Cisplaten once a week to sensitize cancer to radiation. Treatment ended 7/16/08. PET/CT shows no more cancer.