Hello, I've been following this thread for some time. The demise of the original Biotene roughly coincided with my starting to sleep with a CPAP machine (very drying), and shortly after that I added a mouth-drying medication to the mix. I've had a lot of dental problems as a result of all these changes.

After doing some reading here and research on my own I settled on Sensodyne Pronamel which does not contain SLS. I use two rinses, the CVS dry mouth rinse which claims to still have the protective enzymes (no fluoride), and ACT Total Dry Mouth rinse with fluoride which to my surprise does not burn my mouth (most rinses do). I've been tempted to try the ACT dry mouth toothpaste because it is SLS free and has xylitol, but I haven't found out yet what the RDA (abrasiveness rating) is. Sensodyne Pronamel has a very low RDA -- unfortunately I just read that it is a GSK product and I hate sending any money their way.

Thank you, Brian and all who are contributing their experiences and ideas about solutions/alternatives for dry mouth care. On the sleep apnea/cpap forums we still have discussions about dry mouth care and I appreciate what I learn here so I can pass it along.