Does anyone understand the "nodal Extension" with the 5 lymphnodes that were removed I was told I have no nodal Extension with cancer. All of the cancer was in the lymphnodes. they said this was good. I'm confused... my tumor board had some differing opinions. All 6 of them though I could benefit from having the radiation, and they recommended it. but where they were split is on the Chemo. 2 of them said based on 2 studies - one in US and one in Europe. There were 3 groupings, group 1 with nodal extensions, group 2 with NO nodal extension, and then one other group 3 that I cannot remember what it was. He said that the studies showed that both group 1 and group 3 benefited from getting the Chemo along with the Radiation treatments, while Group 2 with NO nodal extensions it was the same results with just the radiation as the ones with Radiation and Chemo. And that this was the same result for both studies in US and Europe. So 2 of the Drs thought I only need radiation, and the other 2 think I need Radiation and Chemo.... so I don't know what to do. I know he is the professional.. but I was hoping some of you may have some input on what the No Nodal extensions thing is...

SCC 12/13 - T1N0
1/28/13 - removal of tumor Rt. Tongue clear margins
5/14 lump under chin, 8/14 FNA showed C and CAT
8/25 neck dissection, 14nodes removed 9 clear 5 with C
Extra Nodal Extension not present
9/9/14 tumor board meeting to determine RAD and poss chemo treatment