We are going to meet with the Drs at both Cancer centers. I'm trying to make a list of questions to ask them. if you can help me with the list, that would be great. I'm going to traveling early this am to get there, my appt is at 11am Eastern time. Please send me suggestions. We are meeting one Rad Oncologist today, and the other on Tuesday. Big decision. I agree, I want the best care, so we are going to interview each to decide, also looking online at their bios and publications. This is feeling very stressful with so little time to figure this all out. Here are some I was going to ask.

How do you determine the right plan for me?
Why do I do need Chemo and Rad?
How much Chemo?
If you are not targeting a specific tumor in my mouth and neck, then how do you know where to shoot the beams of radiation? what determines this?
What do you do to avoid my valuable glands and throat and heart or whatever?
I was told the radiation goes in one side an out the other, so it goes right through me? damaging every thing on way in and out?
is this the only way to kill the cancer cells?
what is my survival rate if I do this?
what can I expect for my quality of life after this? what can i do to better this?
what can I expect for pain once I start this? what can I do to minimize this?
How many of this exact procedure have you done?
Does your office have any referrals I could speak to that have been through this?
How long have you been using this machine? How old is it?
Is it the newest technology?

Then I'm stuck.... am I missing the mark here... I don't know. I just want to get better. I love my children and my husband, and I don't want them to grow up without a mother, very scared. Please help me through this. I want to make the BEST decision, but I'm getting tired and I have haven't even started yet. Went to dentist yesterday for 2 1/2 visit to start preparing my teeth for this trauma. Might have problem, so following up on that, then had to speak to my boss yesterday and tell him what is going on with me, then came home to 2-3 hours of helping kids with homework.

I will check here before I meet with the Dr. today, any help or advice or additional questions is very appreciated.

Sincerely,
Angela

SCC 12/13 - T1N0
1/28/13 - removal of tumor Rt. Tongue clear margins
5/14 lump under chin, 8/14 FNA showed C and CAT
8/25 neck dissection, 14nodes removed 9 clear 5 with C
Extra Nodal Extension not present
9/9/14 tumor board meeting to determine RAD and poss chemo treatment