You all are such a help, I don't know what I would do without you. Today the Dr called, and told me 7-71/2 weeks of rad, and Chemo. Not sure how much yet, he said either every week, or every other. did not sound good to me. The CCC we went to is 3-4 hours away from home, I really need some advice on where to the the Radiation and Chemo, they have a lodge there but because I have 4 children trying to work out care and school help is going to be difficult. But if I get organized I can probably make it happen with multiple friends and family members. Not sure about me though, away from home, will this make it harder because I will not have the day to day stuff to keep me busy? But I would be around other cancer patients, so maybe this would be good, maybe not. They do more than just head and neck there. Then I want to make sure I'm getting the best care I can, so I can be around later for my children. Not sure what to do. ???? There is a CCC here locally, we just did not go with them originally because had no referrals to the Drs, and didn't know enough about them. Both of my surgeries went well at the CCC I been going to, and I trust them. They seem ok with transferring me so I don't have to travel. I know is it different Drs getting involved for the Rad and Chemo, but should I be staying with the same team, or does it matter since they are switching me anyway...I'm stressing over trying to make the right/best decision.

The CCC I was going to only does Cancer. The one I'm switching to does Cancer, but the hospital does other things too. So it leaves me unsure. The company has a reputable name, but I don't know that I should be choosing based on that. We just found out, who the Drs will be here locally, so we are going to try to research the Drs tomorrow online. I don't know who the drs would be with my current CCC, but I know that is all they do. I live in Florida in the Jacksonville area. I'm not mentioning the names of the hospitals, because I was thinking I'm not supposed to on this forum. If I can, let me know.

Also, how soon after surgery, did you start getting radiation and Chemo, seems like they are wanting me to move fast. And ready for me to start right away, it has been 3 weeks since my surgery date. Have I healed enough to be starting radiation, will it interfere with my skin being able to heal? I'm doing well from the surgery, but my mind is so busy being concerned about the Rads and Chemo that I cannot think of anything else.

Thankyou so much for your help.

SCC 12/13 - T1N0
1/28/13 - removal of tumor Rt. Tongue clear margins
5/14 lump under chin, 8/14 FNA showed C and CAT
8/25 neck dissection, 14nodes removed 9 clear 5 with C
Extra Nodal Extension not present
9/9/14 tumor board meeting to determine RAD and poss chemo treatment