Hi Ambra:
Congrats on 2/3 done. I just passed 1/3 done, I am so envious of you, though not envious of your symptoms. You're just going to be through with it so much earlier; like I said, I'm jealous.

As for people, I guess my mother is the wierdest. All she wants to do is to say I worry about you, are you doing okay? Of course I'm not doing okay, but she wants me to say "yes, I'm doing fine" anyway. I can't discuss any details of what is going on with her as 1. she doesn't understand them and has no desire to understand them and 2. it just makes her want to end the phone call quickly. So, I have to try to keep everything "nice", which of course sounds like a phony, worthless conversation to me. I get way more support out of my friends, particularly the ones who have had cancer themselves. They know how to do it right, as I learned last night at dance club. I could have danced twice as much if I didn't have to spend half the evening listening to them. But they had to know sooner or later, so oh well, suck it up, get it over with.

Ambra, you are not alone in a global sense, even if you are alone in a local sense on Thanksgiving Day. I PM'd you my telephone number before, I will also PM you my cell number. I would love to talk to you on Thanksgiving evening. We can talk about dance if you like, or cancer, or even Italy. You make the decision.

take care Ambra, you're getting there one day at a time, even if those days seem to take forever.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good