YUP!!! feel free to vent. The taste thing is really sucky, and so is the pain and burning thing, but remember - every day is a day closer to the end. and it will get better. Taste for me took a long time. A few months at least for certain things. I am not sure if I have trained myself after all this time, but anything processed (pop - YETCH!!!! or anything with a lot of additives still tastes like chemical waste... it's awful.) I stick to natural foods - veggies, a little cheese (allergic to it so it keeps me regular - don't ask...) occasional fresh fruits. I pretty much make everything from scratch or I buy it organic with natural ingredients (things like dressings that I am not inclined to make for myself) I found that when my taste started to come back natural foods were the most palatable. My sweet has taken a LONG TIME - so has my salty. I can now tell if something is super sweet because to me it has a hint of sweetness - or alternately when it comes to fruit - is not bitter! Same with salt. But everyone is different.

At this point you still need to brush but I recommend (since the fluoride and minty pastes HURT - buy a children's toothpaste... they are often milder in terms of mint, and have the same amount of fluoride. I bought natural toothpastes that had a licorice taste - that was palatable and didn't burn. Try a few things in the interim. Best of luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan