So, I am 2/3 through the treatment! Just finished 20th session tonight (out of 30).

Wednesday was my last day at work. I have managed to finish and submit an abstract for a scientific conference in Italy next May, I really hope it gets accepted and I get to go. So it is home now for a while, hopefully not for too long.

My taste is still wonky, at this point I can not say if it is getting worse or not. My skin certainly is though, and my RO prescribed me Silvadene yesterday. He also gave me viscous Lidocaine for my gums when I asked for the Magic mouthwash. For some reason he is against it. He was also against me rinsing my mouth with aloe vera. He seems to be pretty much against any rinsing agent other then salt/baking soda. I have started using the (old formula) Biotene toothpaste as the prescription strength fluoride paste really burns. My mouth is getting dry too -still some saliva but not as much as usual.

For those who have experience with Silvadene, how often do you use it? Do you still use other creams you were given together with it? I was using something called Radiaplex gel. Also aloe vera gel.

On the depressing side, this will be my very first Thanksgiving out of 12 in USA alone. I normally spend it with friends, and am always the one to organize/invite people who have nowhere else to go, particularly international people like myself. I am obviously in no condition to organize anything myself now. I am very disappointed by the fact that nobody thought to invite me or even ask what I will be doing this year, especially under current circumstances. Sigh...

Last edited by Ambra; 11-22-2013 06:54 PM.

36, female, left tonsil HPV+ SCC, T2N1
8/28/13 SCC in left tonsil
9/12/13 surgery:TORS and selective neck dissection (levels II-IV), 23 nodes removed
9/18/13 post surgery biopsy: 2mm clear margins, a 7mm lymph node positive in level IV, no ECL
10/28/13 rad begins, 30 treatments, tomotherapy
12/09/13 radiation ends!
2/10/14 papillary thyroid cancer
2/26/14 PET shows clear neck other than thyroid cancer, but with high uptake in an ovarian cyst
2/27/14 thyroidectomy
3/5/14 pelvic ultrasound