Your sense of taste has held out about a week longer than most. Ive seen many OC patients begin to say their sense of taste started to go around week 2 or 3. Its gradual. One day something tastes fine and then the next you would swear it was salted burnt charcoal. Even water will have an off taste. I hated drinking water due it it tasting to me like salt or like it was burnt.

This might help you. Each shake has at least 2000 calories. You can make it thick or thin depending on how much milk you add. Its ok to drink 2 or even 3 per day. Many days when I was recovering I drank 2 or 3 until I counted up the calories and was shocked. Some days I would take in over 7000 calories and I was struggling to keep weight on. That is an example of how hard a patients body has to work to rebuild itself after undergoing rads and chemo treatments for OC.

You are about at the point where you may begin to have a few bad days here and there. Unless you are one of the lucky few who sail right thru. Your intake every single day is what will make things easier or harder. No matter how rough it gets, every single day take in a minimum of 2500 calories and 48 oz of water. If doing chemo push even higher amounts of water right around chemo days.

(All measurements are estimates)

Giant High Calorie Choc-Peanut Butter Milkshake

3 or 4 cups chocolate ice cream (regular/full fat type)
2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth type)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 or 2 cups whole milk (can substitute half and half to add even more calories)
1 scoop carnation instant breakfast
1 scoop high protein whey powder

Blend this extra long to make it very smooth and creamy so it goes down easier.

Another thing that should help is the List of Easy to Eat Foods.

Hang in there, we got your back smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy