Bill

I keep misreading your cybername as "Wild Bill" (although it's probably just a transposed surname; Bill Wilde or Bill Wlilde?)
You've made up your mind here, that's clear. As to [quote]why should it be so strange and foolish to follow the timeless refrain: let food be thy medicine [/quote], it is simply that it's taking Hipocrates' advice totally out of context, both then and now.
It's true that the "Father of Modern Medicine" did believe that proper food, nutrition, etc could PREVENT illness. But as far as I can tell, (including reading the Ionic Chronicles and other greek writings ascribed to Hippocrates, he never thought that that food was going to CURE a cancer tumor or any illness. He used salves and other medicines of his time. According to Gary Lindquester's "History of Human Disease," if it was a fever -- a hot, dry disease -- the culprit was yellow bile. So, a hippocratic practitioner would try to increase its opposite, phlegm, by prescribing cold baths. If the opposite situation prevailed (as in a cold), where there were obvious symptoms of excess phlegm production, the regimen would be to bundle up in bed and drink wine. - Hmmn, maybe I have been too hasty in dismissing this ;
If the regimen didn't work the next course would be with drugs, often hellebore, a potent poison that would cause vomiting and diarrhea, "signs" the imbalanced humor was eliminated.

Basically, it's a logical fallacy to assert that what lead to sickness will now cure it. Not oiling a bicycle chain or keeping it rust free will cause it to break, but pouring oil or scouring off the rust does not repair the broken links.

But keep us posted on your "wild" adventure, Bill, at 71, if your tumor is slow growing, you may even die of something else first. But because we do care, I repeat my suggestion to get a scan to see how your "food medicine" is working. Just like my scan showed the radiation shrank the tumor and it's gone, you can find out or at least keep tabs on the cancer.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13