Agreed - I am a true advocate of do what you can to help yourself. Most people here know me in that I push GOOD NUTRITION (almost NO white sugar, no canned or processed goods (though I ocassionally cheat and use canned organic beans, and non wheat pastas) and No white flour - I'm a veg head so the rest goes without saying), meditation, and overall mental well being. I also believe that acupuncture is a very useful tool, although not something that works for everyone, and have also gone for lymphatic massage and physio, but I've done all this and believe fully that it should all be used in conjunction WITH modern medicine.
Helping ones self is great and no one wants to suffer through treatment but doing what you can also means using every tool available to you - including chemo and rads.
While part of me believes that nutrition is part of what keeps us healthy to begin with. Once someting like cancer comes along it tells me that something is seriously out of kilter in your body for whatever reason... and your body will likely need more help that diet to get past it,, so the best way to deal with it is use all of those things - food, and treatment etc... To get past it... Then maintain your health but maintaining that life style. Best of luck. Remember though there is a point of no return. Hugs

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan