Charm,
Of course i don't "know" what actually turned the relatively common and presumeably benign HPV virus into its cancerous cousin. But....why would it be unreasonable to "raise" the question concerning excess radiation being a significant or even contributing trigger?
Anyway...I'm NOT here to argue. After all, whose going to do a controlled study? Rather, "learning" from others seems the primary benefit from such a forum as this. So, I'll post a further update onmy condition, in the hopes that someone will have an interest.
I got a PET/CT scan as necessary to be considered for a clinical trial. The results showed the cancer had not spread to my lungs.
My weight and energy are only slightly down. Breathing, eating and swallowing are fine. The BOT tumor seems the same size, as I can touch it with my stretched finger. The neck has swollen to the size of an egg. Slightly embarassing.

DX in 12/2010. Stage 4 SCC HPV+ BOT swollen lymph. I've spent the past 3 years away from medical treatments. Instead I've focused on good nutrition, active exercise, singing, laughing, oral exercises and such. I've had neither pain nor discomfort. But I haven't been able to kill the cancer. So, I'm now considering robotic surgery and/or radiation.