Marco, thanks for your inquiry last April. I only just read your post in that it has been a long time since I visited this site. My last post some 18 months ago indicated that I was preparing to accept my UCSD docs latest treatment plan which was radiation without chemo.
I instead chose to address some of the lifestyle fetures that I could reasonably identify as being associated with four health issues on the left side of my upper body which I began to notice about four years ago. The first was "ringing in my left ear", which I ignored until I noticed a small sore on the left side of my nose about 3 years ago. That was the second issue and was diagnosed as BCC. Soon thereafter, a swelling on the left side of my neck led (the third) me to the CCC and a dx of BOT SCC on the left side of my tongue (the fourth).
With the stage 4 dx, I freaked. I was primed for treatment. But as I recuperated from a horrible decision to have most of my teeth pulled, I patiently slowed myself down (with partial support from an understanding chemo doc), began to read about HPV and cancer and the limited treatment options offered by institutional medicine.
As a result, I have changed my residence, my diet, my exercise and my outlook on life. Meanwhile, my neck tumor is a bit larger, the primary BOT seems under control without effecting my breathing or swallowing. I'll probably check in with some docs, it's been more than a year, to get their take on my health.
Best to you. And, has everything worked out with your treatment?

DX in 12/2010. Stage 4 SCC HPV+ BOT swollen lymph. I've spent the past 3 years away from medical treatments. Instead I've focused on good nutrition, active exercise, singing, laughing, oral exercises and such. I've had neither pain nor discomfort. But I haven't been able to kill the cancer. So, I'm now considering robotic surgery and/or radiation.