Bill you're going to sacrifice 6-12 months of your life to keep your life - sounds like a good tradeoff to me. Surely you are old enough to know that there are times, in life, when you have to roll with the punches. Sure Tx sucks but remember there is a beginning a middle and an END! keep focused on the present and the challenges that it presents. Keep your eye on the future that this will END.

I was into the healthy lifestyle thing - very little meat, except chicken, lots of fruits and veggies, cut out sugar & salt, exercise, etc. for YEARS pre cancer. Got it anyway. I am convinced that not much else will prevent cancer except genetic propensity, luck, protected sex, no smoking or drinking.

My ENT was pissed off that I waited so long for coming in for a Dx. I can only imagine how pissed off he would have been if I told him I was screwing around with alternative treatments for 7 months. I drug my feet and IMHO it cost me an additional stage.

Congratulations on finally finding acceptance.

Last edited by Gary; 11-15-2011 11:19 AM.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)