I get the screen name: JimandWendy since right now that is how it must feel to you. Only you and him against a cold heartless unfair world where others get this disease and yet they are not heading for a hospice. I know its not much comfort, but my five years with three recurrences, each time happening just when I though I had it beat does show you that it's not always as easy for the posters here as we make it sound. Trust me, we all know pain and suffering from this disease and even those of us who survive have issues.
We have lost members - some younger than Jim. So vent, rant, cry, question here where at least we understand the context.
The caregivers on this board are very helpful, turn to them.
I just wanted to weigh in as a patient who had not done very well in the course of things so you would not feel so all alone
I'm old and remember the Dupont TV commericial:[quote] Better Things for Better Living: Through Chemistry[/quote] and only the bolded part became a national slogan. It's good advice here; In my opinion, you are facing a clear case of situational anxiety/depression and are a good candidate for Ativan, Zanax and Zofran. Jim is a good candidate for the Fentanyl patch. Push your doctors hard for real pain management. This sounds like a very aggressive cancer to have progressed so quickly from Stage I to Stage IV

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13