Welcome to OCF, Wendy. Im very sorry to read about Jim's and your struggles with oral cancer and all the horrible things that go with it. What a terrible road you both have been on. You will find some comfort here with our members to help give you moral support. We even have a special section for caregivers. That was made for situations like yours where the caregiver can vent and people will understand and offer their suggestions and understanding.

Please remember during all of this to take a couple minutes a day or once a week for yourself. Being a caregiver can be a thankless job full of stress while you try to keep a smile on your face. I have the utmost respect for all of our caregivers. Sometimes the stress of being a caregiver can be alot to bear and they will need some help. Dont be ashamed to go speak to someone professional or to take some anxiety meds to help make this easier to cope with. It happens to the very best caregivers.

As the time draws near have hospice ready to call for assistance. From what I have read from other members, it has made things so much easier for the patient. They will ensure the patients comfort while maintaining their dignity.

Again, I am very sorry to read about Jim's situation. Hope you will stick around and get to know our wonderful caring members. I know we can help.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy