I just joined this sight and read a few of the posts. Im happy for all of you that are doing well and are cancer free. I wish that was the case for my husband Jim. He is 44 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 tonsil and lymph node cancer, HPV positive almost 2 years ago. After a grueling 5 months of chemo and radiation he was given the remission status. 3 months later a cat scan showed that the cancer spread to both lungs with 2 tumors in the right lung and 1 in the left. He had a wedge removal surgery of the left lung last December and was given a year to live. The cancer is now progressed to 11 tumors in both lungs, 3 lymph nodes in both lungs, the right and left main bronchi are encased by metastatic lymph nodes and the right and left pulmonary arteries are partially encased by metastatic lymph nodes. Chemo and radiation stopped working in March and this past June he started a clinical trial that we found out yesterday didnt work either. He starts his 2nd clinical trial in a couple of weeks. His cancer is now terminal with the best estimation being probably sometime in this upcoming year. This cancer was caught early, at stage 1 tonsil cancer. It was found by accident at the dentist. We went to the best doctors at the best hospitals. His oral cancer has not come back but we didnt catch that one cancer cell that found its way into his lungs. Im feeling very lost right now as to how to help my husband. We are terrified at what is to come and pray everyday that these clinical trials will give him a little bit longer. Anyways, my therapist that I started seeing recommended this sight for me. Thank you all for reading this and letting me tell our story. I hope someday soon to get back on this website and give you all a positive story with the new clinical trial he starts soon. Good luck and prayers to all who are suffering from this horrible disease.

Age 44.Tonsil HPV stage 4. Radiation/Cistplatin/peg tube. Spread lungs,stage 4. Lung wedge removal 12/5/2011. Carboplation, erbitux, 5fu until 5/2012. Clinical trial Anixinib.Disease progession in lungs,brain,colon,stomach,intestines. Hospice started 12/20/2012, passed away 1/3/2013