Christine
is the recipe for chocolate peanut butter milkshakes around somewhere?

Alex can tolerate chocolate flavours and used to love peanut butter although because of its texture and stickiness we have not even considered trying it with his swallowing issues. Of course we haven't considered putting it in a milkshake either.

John of Arc - yes you can survive on boost drinks alone - provided they are the high calorie, full meal supplement type. Alex has been taking Ensure Plus (or other brand) as almost his sole source of nutrition for the past two years. Like you, he was thin to begin with so his failure to eat during treatment became an emergency and he was admitted to hospital for 10 days. Trust me, you want to avoid that, and the way to do it is pay attention to Christine's post about taking on all the calories and fluids you can manage.

Like you Alex can't understand why 2000 calories isnt enough because he was never a big eater and managed to survive on 2000calories or less BC. He is a smart boy, but still manages to fail to grasp the concept that if he is not gaining weight then he needs more calories smile

Good that you have worked out to get up early take your meds and then go back to bed and wait for them to kick in. Alex also used the same strategy. Works to avoid nausea and vomiting too if you have that issue? "Waking up twice" seemed to improve his overall demeanour and ability to cope with the world too. It was nice that he was able to see the bright side while watching me get up and shiver my way through the shower at some ungodly hour in order to go make a living. He usually got up just before I headed out the door and had a cup of coffee with me (well, I had the coffee - he waved his about until it was stone cold).

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight