So sorry you had a dentist with not common sense. I find it just horrible that they could be so thoughtless giving you all kinds of medical advice when it is not anything they would even be treating you for. Do not let one person who doesnt think before they open their mouth get you upset. Just consider the source of all that bad info. I get amazed at the ignorance of some 'professionals'!

Truth is everyone is different. If you have saliva problems down the road, then there are meds that can help. After doing radiation, you can have dental work done. You will just need to do the Marx Protocol which is 20 hyperbaric oxygen treatments (HBO) before having extractions and 10 after. Ive done them and its no big deal at all, just time consuming. If you need to have a tooth filled, you do not need HBO.

Im certain your mother understands what was the underlying cause of your distress. Moms just know. It sound to me like you have been holding so much inside that you burst. Many OC patients see a therapist and also many take anxiety meds. Even caregivers can end up needing help to deal with facing the cancer of a loved one. So if you feel like its too much for you then I would suggest you seek out some help. Dont ever forget we are here to lean on too. This forum is made up of the most kind people anywhere in the world. Its ok to come here to vent if you feel the need. Anger is part of the grieving process. It may sound silly but we all go thru this in various degrees. We all grieve the person we used to be.

Hang in there, you really will get past this rough period in your life. ((((HUGS)))) to you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma