Oh my goodness! What an absolutely insensitive, unthinking person to have talked to you that way!! And good for you, John, for speaking your mind. The fact that you felt good afterwards means you were able to relieve a lot of stress that had been building up. Is that dentist associated with other dentists in the same office? Would it be possible to see a different one? Stress is the last thing you need right now so maybe if you let your doctor know how you are feeling, he/she can make some suggestions re meds or seeing a different dentist. Christine is right about your Mom understanding your outburst. My son had a rough time of it, too but we both got thru it and he is doing just great, now! I'm sure your Mom worries about you and if you think it would help, you could suggest she come on OCF, too for some support in getting thru the rough parts of helping you through this. It is such a rough road you are on but it will get better. Keep coming back here. There is always someone here to listen and a soft shoulder to lean on. Let us know what's happening with you.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)