Well I'm almost half way thru my radiation and it has finally caught up to me. I'm exhausted and my saliva has thickened and my mouth is dryer. My tongue is so raw I can't really talk and I feel like I'm falling down the same black hole that surgery was. I feel like I'm moving 2 steps forward to take 3 back.
I'm trying to keep working but trying to teach without being able to talk is next to impossible and in so afraid I'll fall asleep by accident while watching the children that I'm stressing myself out.
I feel like an idiot. I don't know how I can keep working and be in this much pain and this exhausted. I'm worried that if I just accept the fact that I can't talk but everything else is working fine that my job might ask me to take a leave if absence. And I can't afford not to work. My family depends in me.
This is just so much worse than I expected.
I do have some questions that could really give me hope if answered.
How long after radiation did your mouth or tongue feel raw? Did it start to heal quickly or take a while? Anything the doctor can prescribe so Ill be in less pain that I don't know about? How did you guys manage? I'm waking up everyday and I'm in a panic. I feel like I'm reliving the first few days after my operation. I just wish my life was where it was 4 months ago

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.