Reading Jack's posting reminded me of.......me. Last summer I felt exactly the same way. Exactly. When people asked me if I'd do it again I said "absolutely not." I was totally miserable and hated my life. I said if I have to live like this I'd rather not. Well, fortunately for me, and despite my lousy attitude, I kept trying to cure myself. In September (treatment ended at the end of May) I finally started to feel better. Mainly because I was able to finally eat. The feeding tube wasn't going to work long term (that exited in the middle of September). Despite what you're told, I don't see anyone living well on Boost or IsoSource. I needed real food. I'm doing pretty well now and my sense of energy and well being is back where it was before diagnosis. But if it recurs, I think I'm done treating it. I've seen too many stories about endless treatments with life quality deteriorating a little more each time. Not for me. I'm enjoying life right now. I'm 63 and had a good run.

Diagnosed in March 2011. Treatment ended May 28, 2011. Back of tongue cancer with one lymph node(stage 4). Feeding tube 5 - 2011, to 9 - 2011. Some saliva and taste. Eating most foods; meat, fish and dry foods not so well. Swallowing pretty normal otherwise. Doing well now. The future? Who knows.