Jack,

Side effects of pain medications will cause nausea and fatigue as well as depression and severe mood changes etc. There are other prescriptions common to our disease that will cause various side effects as well, I would look at the drugs you are taking. I'd also suggest getting your adrenals, TSH and testosterone levels checked out brotha.

You're in your 60's as well so you've been naturally losing about 2% testosterone production since you were 40. Coupled with the pain medications, and probably antidepressants, traumatic stress, poor diet and lack of activity I'm guessing your testosterone levels have "tanked". Why does this matter? Let me tell you!

Testosterone is utterly important to the male system for recovery, mood (low T causes depression), outlook (balanced T enhances feeling of well being) and energy levels. Quick fact, the body "feels" more pain when in a state of depression due to brain chemistry, so raising testosterone actually can help fight chronic pain (also why low dose tricyclic antidepressants are often prescribed for pain as well).

Get your hormone levels checked brotha and it can help you through, from a guy that can relate as I had a rough time through recovery due to pain medications and hormone levels.

Keep your chin up

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.