Thanks for the heads up, Charm, about Erbitux possibly being the culprit giving me the "rash" inside instead of outside. But I haven't had an Erbitux infusion for two weeks now, so one would think I would have had this particular reaction before now. (??)

Another question to ask tomorrow. (I'm sure he looooooves to see me coming with my little notebook!)

This is Day Three on the two meds for the hoof 'n mouth disease (Sorry, but I can't help but make jokes because if my brain tried to absorb all the medical terms, I probably would be dreaming in calculus all night.) The sloughing process is rather 'interesting' and it does seem to be working. I only have one lesion on the outside of my lip now, but my whole mouth area is still red and mean looking. Pain is tolerable, but the goo is back, although not collecting in my throat and gagging me like it did initially. I've found that Arizona ice tea with honey and ginseng works better than water for keeping the inside of my mouth fresh(er) and moist.

I'll give ya'll a full report after the consult tomorrow. I really appreciate this site and the opportunity to share, vent, learn. It's a Godsend.

Maggie