Thank you all again! Jerry seems so depressed this morning. As you can imagine, the coughing makes his throat hurt worse and keeps him from getting any solid rest, but hopefully soon, as everyone says, it'll subside. Doc did approve Robitussen yesterday. Not sure if it helped or not yet but may need some time to be effective. He sounds so like he wants to give up and after all of this. I keep trying to note the minute improvements (have to look hard!) The antacids are starting to be effective so at least he does not have heartburn on top of everything else -- small victories, small victories.

I do have concern tho about his not swallowing yet, or even wanting to try. Am I babying him? Is it time for tough love or maybe just more pain meds to get him swallowing again? He is currently on 50mg patch an, 20 mg morphine/oxy.

Thank you everyone!

P.S. He does sleep sitting up mostly -- have one of those chair backs for bed, and he has a humidifier right next to the bed. Thinking I may pull another in from another room and really humidify the room!

Gayle, CG to incredible husband, age 53 yrs
DX 10/26/11, never smoked, casual drinker
Stage 4, T2 N3 SCC, right tonsil, node cluster in r. neck
Tx 2-3 cycles induction chemo followed by chemo-radiation 33 treatments w/concurrent cisplatin for six weeks of 7 week treatment
PEG in 02.03.12