Thank you Kathy! Thankfully, Jerry made it last night without throwing up! After almost a week of being unable to get through a night, well, a big yahoo! I know it had nothing to do with it but I got him to chew some gum after his last feeding. It's like your body has all these queues within the digestive process. The chewing stimulates this, generates that, prompts this. I have to wonder with a feeding tube when the food is just suddenly "there" that the stomach must wonder "what the heck?" Anyway, such thoughts and actions keep our minds on 'other' things.

So anyway, without throwing up, that means he was able to keep a whole 1700 cal in. I know that is not enough and I also know you cannot make it up but what good does it do to push in the 2500 knowing he'll 'toss' the last 800. Hopefully, last night was a turning point and I can get him up the 2500 min today. Also, Mondays are his usual chemo days. Last Monday was 6th dose so chemo is done! That is encouraging to him, well, both of us! And perhaps might help reduce the nausea and vomiting as well. We're hoping. Now if he can just get some relief from other end. Utilizing good old Ducolax for that but the fact he is 100 percent on canned tube feedings I have to wonder how much solids are generated. I'll be asking doctor, but are there any thoughts for how many days go by without success before doing the ducolax?

Thank you again! Big Hugs to all!
P.S. I had no doubt the full-caloric cola is the best! Heck, the 4 or so ounces would only add a few calories which we so need right now!

Gayle, CG to incredible husband, age 53 yrs
DX 10/26/11, never smoked, casual drinker
Stage 4, T2 N3 SCC, right tonsil, node cluster in r. neck
Tx 2-3 cycles induction chemo followed by chemo-radiation 33 treatments w/concurrent cisplatin for six weeks of 7 week treatment
PEG in 02.03.12