And some airlines (Southwest for sure) let you cancel and reschedule without losing anything, which is a good option if you think your plans will include travel at some point later.

Sounds like you and your husband are doing well considering what it is you and he (and all of us) have to go through.
I agree that you need to take time for yourself. And he will get mad at you at some point just because you are normal and can eat and drink without pain, etc. He may internalize it, but it likely will be there. We are humans, what else can we expect?

I don't know about the lighter treatment, it depends. I'd sure want to get more than one opinion on that; you want to get it done right now! I know they decide the radiation gy dose based upon tumor size, and probably other tumor factors. HPV might be a different story from "regular" scc. I had radiation & chemo to chase the possibility of microscopic cancer leftovers! You never know if you needed it or not if you have good results. I don't regret it despite the side effects.

I sure don't blame you two for wanting to be at your daughter's graduation. Hope it all works out.

Best,
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021